How to Assign Timesheet Approvers on the User Profile?
Modified on: Thu, 20 Apr, 2023 at 3:37 AM
To assign Timesheet approvers on the user profile, follow the steps mentioned below -
1. Go to Masters -> User. A list of users in the application will be displayed.
2. Next click on the small pencil icon on the extreme right to edit the user for which you would want to assign a Timesheet approver.
3. To configure the first level approval => Assign a Timesheet Approver from the available listed Approvers for the Timesheet Status => Submitted to Manager and click Save.
4. To configure more than 1 level of approvals click on Multi-Level Approval link to configure Timesheet approvers on additional levels. If you only have one level of approval required, you can skip the following steps
5. To configure second level of approval go to the Multi-Level Approval screen select the Approver which you would want to set for the Timesheet Status Before Approval field to Manager Approved - Level 1 and click on the Add to save this detail. This tells the application that when the status of the timesheet is Manager Approved - Level 1, assign the Timesheet for approval to the selected approver.
6. The third level can also be configured if required => Repeat step 5 to set Approver for the Timesheet Status Before Approval field to "Manager Approved - Level 2"
7. If you want to Edit/Remove the multi-level approval setup for any reason then click on the Remove button to remove and then again you can add these levels using steps 5 and 6.
Note: If there is only one Approver (Approver 1) required for a particular employee but the company workflow still includes more than one level of approval statuses, then Approver 1 must be set up at both levels for that employee. This will ensure that the workflow is maintained and the email confirmation messages work correctly. In this case, Approver 1 will only need to approve the timesheet once. And similar to the previous example, when the timesheet is approved, the application will change the status to Manager Approved – All Levels.
Here is a typical table for several layers of manager approval and the respective statuses as shown in Table
Status in system
Employee submits a Timesheet
Submitted to Manager
Manager 1 approves a Timesheet
Manager Approved – Level 1
Manager 2 approves a Timesheet
Manager Approved – Level 2
Manager 3 (Final)
Manager 3 approves a Timesheet
Manager Approved – All Levels
After step 4, the timesheet will now be available to AP/Accounting to be pushed to the Accounting system. Also, the employee will be notified that the timesheet has been approved at the final level.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.